Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hope!

I think a good part of the country has been dealing with yucky winter weather the last few weeks, and if you're in one of those locations, you've probably been seeing the same thing out your windows as I have out mine - mostly white, with a little brown thrown in here and there.  Is anyone else looking forward to Spring?  I sure am.  The below zero temperatures and lots of snow have given more than a few of us cabin fever!

So, inside my house I've decorated my dining room table with something a little bit Spring-y.  My String of Pearls table runner is done, and I'm enjoying its flowers, spring green sashing, and whimsical polka dots.  It is also fun to dress it up with a few tulips and some positive thinking!




 
 
The first day of Spring is only 5 weeks away, folks!  Of course in Colorado, that doesn't necessarily mean winter weather will go away.  We had a snow day from school on May 1st last year!  I'm still looking forward to Spring anyway!
 
Linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation!

4 comments:

kim said...

What a cute table runner! It sure does cheer up your table. I love the polka dots too :)

ChristaQuilts said...

This is fantastic! The colors are so great and it looks perfect as a table runner!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Christa,
Thank you so much! I loved your String of Pearls pattern and only now got around to following along on your tutorial. So, I decided to make it table runner size. It was perfect to showcase some of my Kate Spain fabric.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

love the table runner and the little glimpse of spring! I am so ready for it too!

Thank you so much for sharing this at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation