Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Signs of Spring

Seen today in my garden:


 Crocuses!  Spring is on its way!

I've just been sewing in little bits and pieces recently.  A couple more Granny Square blocks...

 
 
This one might be my favorite:
 
 
 
I also started on a Charm Pack Cherry quilt.  I'm making it out of Moda's Bella White and Color Me Happy by V and Company, also for Moda.  And it is going to be a happy quilt, for sure!  So far, I just have the basic solid and print charms sewn together in groups of three.  Next step, make the nine patches and cut them up again!
 



There are lots of happy fabrics in this line:



 
 
I love those polka dots!  Looking forward to some more time to work on all my WiPs this weekend!
 
Today I'm linking up with Let's Bee Social at Sew Fresh Quilts, and tomorrow with Needle and Thread Thursday.


5 comments:

Lorna McMahon said...

Sure am looking forward to some spring here too. Love your granny blocks. Wow! Those fabrics are gorgeous. Thanks so much for linking up to the Let's Bee Social!

RunningHen said...

I'm thinking spring, too! Nice granny sqs. Linking from Let'sBeeSocial.
RunningHen.blogspot.com

Margaret said...

Crocuses--you are so lucky! The snow is still swirling here, but surely this is the last storm. Granny blocks are such fun aren't they.

Jo Ferguson said...

Your granny blocks are so bright and wonderful. Even with all the snow, they look like spring.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

Yay for Spring!! Love your granny squares. They are so bright and fun!

Thanks so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation