This is the photo I posted last week with all of the blocks, sashing, and cornerstones laid out.
I can see now that the problem was already there, but I didn't realize it until I had gotten this far - 3 rows completely sewn together, and the fourth and fifth ones ready to be sewn on, as well. Can you tell what it is?
The top right and bottom right blocks are oriented wrong. Every other block has the 16 patch in the middle oriented so that a colorful 2 inch square is in the top left corner, not a white square, except for those two blocks. ;( This has happened every time I laid out the completed blocks for a photo all through the year - you'd think I would have been paying attention before I started sewing. *Sigh.*
Now, I am not a perfectionist with my quilting; usually I'm in the "Done is better than perfect" camp. But this just really bothered me! So...
I put this quilt in Time Out for about 24 hours! Lol! It was time to work on something that required very little thinking - some string blocks perhaps, or something with my basket of bonus triangles.
But, after a little break, out came the seam ripper! (for the umpteenth time this month, it seems.) And here is where I am right now - ready to sew the block and sashing strip back in as soon as I fill a new bobbin. I guess my Scrap Jar Stars and I will have a New Year's Eve party together down in my sewing room!
Then I can start 2017 with all the stars aligned! ☺
Linking up with the first Oh Scrap! of 2017 over at Quilting is More Fun than Housework. Wishing you smooth sewing as the year begins!