Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, January 22, 2016

A little bit more with blue...

I have been playing with all kinds of scrappy blues this week! At the beginning of the week, I finished Prince Charming's Pillow, blogged about in more detail here.


I also added one more 16 patch to my collection, the lightest one in the upper left corner.  Originally, when I was thinking about joining in with RSC16, I envisioned this quilt being all darker value fabrics with low volume backgrounds, but now that I've added a wider variety of values, I like these blocks a lot more!



I also pulled out my scraps of Gleeful, and started a Valentine table runner for my dining room table.  I got a fat quarter bundle of this fabric back in 2014, and have used it for more than one project.  It came with several fun prints, with pink, yellow, blue, and lime green in them, and a few coordinating solids.  I decided to focus on the pink and blue for this table runner,  to give it a little bit of a nontraditional look.


I even pulled out an older knitting project and took it along with me to a get together with friends.  I started this scarf a couple of years ago, and it's one of those things I get out and put away, and then get out again months later.  It was fun to knit with friends while we visited, and simple enough for my knitting skills that I didn't get confused about what I was doing while we chatted!


Maybe one of these days, I will actually finish it!

Looking forward to Scrap Happy Saturday, where I will link up with Angela at So Scrappy and see what everyone else has been up to with their RSC 16 blocks!





15 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love all those different shades of blues in your RSC blocks. I will enjoy seeing them done in other colors too.

scraphappy said...

Lots of blues makes a great collection. Off to a great start.

Jennifer said...

nice progress! yay, you!

Cathy said...

Your 16-patch blocks are lovely! You've got a great quilt beginning there. And the Prince Charming pillow is divine! I love Tula Pink!

gayle said...

You've got all kinds of happy projects going on!
I think you'll be much happier with those 16 patches in all values - less checkerboard and more images-in-the-clouds. 8)

Linda said...

I really like the variations in the blues, especially since I love gradation or gradient, or whatever you call it. I saw your pretty heart on Instagram and love it! I am still determined to learn to knit. I do love to crochet but haven't done that is SO long! Enjoy your weekend!

The Joyful Quilter said...

A productive week at your house... congrats! Especially for dragging out a knitting project in the Color of the Month. Keep busy!!

Marly said...

Lovely collection of blue 16-patches; you have such a wonderful assortment of blues. Good luck with the knitting; that could be one of my knitting projects: a burst now and then with long dormant periods in between!

Cathy said...

I think by year end you will love the quilt you make with those 16 patches.

PaulaB quilts said...

Good decision to add the variety of tints to the blues. The quilting on Prince Charming is very nice. I did some walking foot designs and it worked fine. Keep up the good work!

Ivani said...

Beautiful pillow! Those 16 blocks are looking wonderful together. During he cooler days is so good knitting. Have fun.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I'm glad this month has five Saturdays - there is so much beautiful blue work going on!

Sooli said...

Lots of projects this month. I like that even your knitting was blue!

Mystic Quilter said...

Lots of lovely blues going on here and a lovely cushion!

Jennie in GA said...

Love the variety in your sixteen patches. Love how these simple blocks make your heart sing,