Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

I Like Thursday #50 - Oregon!

Welcome to I Like Thursday, hosted by LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color.  I enjoy joining in with all of the other I Like Thursday posts to celebrate being positive.

This past week, Mike and I visited Oregon for a week-long vacation, and I found lots to like.  In fact, I have to say I LOVE Oregon!  It is really one of my favorite places to visit.

We enjoyed the beautiful wine country in the McMinnville area - the hills, the friendly people, and the tasty wines.


I got to put my toes in the Pacific Ocean!


The Oregon beaches are so beautful, and every mile of them is public, so there is lots of access, wherever you are!


We saw some spectacular waves!


Treasure from the sea!  (I even found an agate and some sea glass!)


We hiked up to Munson Creek Falls, just south of Tillamook.  It felt like a rainforest!


There was a kite festival on the beach right by our hotel.  We hadn't known what to expect, and were gone exploring most of the day, but when we came back, went "Wow!" and immediately walked back out to investigate!


On our way back to Portland to fly home, we stopped and met Cynthia from Quilting is More Fun than Housework for lunch.  It is definitely fun to meet your quilty online friends in real life, and I hope to do more of that in the future.  Silly us, we did not take a photo of the two of us together, so I will just have to go back!

Goodnight, from Oregon - yes, we will definitely be back!














16 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I so enjoyed meeting you and Mr Penguin! :)

Oregon really is beautiful this time of year. Already looking forward to your next visit!

Libby in TN said...

Did you know that McMinnville, OR is named for McMinnville, TN? I don't remember who told me this; maybe Cynthia.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

My husband's family lives in Oregon but we never did - this is his father's second family that lives there and he has never known them well, we were there about 18 years ago I guess and never been back although we did think it a pretty state - one day hope to go back.

Karen S said...

It looks like a beautiful location. The kite festival would have been very interesting. Lovely colours in the kites.
Cheers, Karen
http://sunburntquilts.com.au/

Vicki in MN said...

I would like to have seen the kite festival. We got a couple of fun bigger kites like that a few years ago and have not flown for 2 years. We need to get those out! Glad you had such a nice time and I am jealous you got to meet up with Cynthia!!

Michele McLaughlin said...

What a wonderful trip! Your photos are spectacular! Have a safe trip home and a great week!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Diann,
Wow! Those kites look so fun and how wonderful and lucky to see that during your visit. The beaches look so pretty and clean, and I love looking for sea glass. And that sunset - what a nice thing to see as your parting view of Oregon. ~smile~ Roseanne

LA Paylor said...

oooo Cynthia and you met? So cool! Also I'm just a little jelly about visiting Oregon. It's on my list. Your grape photo is so beautiful. The Pacific is cold, no?

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Your Dancing Monkey blocks are gorgeous, Diann. This is just shaping up so beautifully.
Lots of natural beauty in Oregon it seems...reminds me of Canada with its parks and lakes. I'm so glad you are getting to travel and showing us too.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Wow. Those Oregon beaches are beautiful. A kite festival. What a gift that was on your return. And the sunset. Your photos are so good. Have a great week! mary

Shannon said...

I haven't been to Oregon since the mid-90s, but I remember loving it. It looks like you had a fabulous trip. So peaceful! The kite festival looks awesome, I love kites and always flew them with my dad and Grandpa as a little girl. Thanks for sharing!

PaintedThread said...

Kites! That must have been spectacular in person. Ah - waves, sea glass and waterfalls. it all sounds like fun stuff.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sounds (and looks) like you had a wonderful visit. JEALOUS that you got to have lunch with Cynthiw!!!

Kate said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip. It's always fun to meet up with blogging buddies.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Thanks, Michele! It really was a wonderful trip!

Miaismine said...

Beautiful shots! Yes, this ocean is wonderful and soothing! Thank you for sharing such beautiful pictures of a wonderful trip!