Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Little More about Slabs and a Thank You!

Yesterday, I finished a baby quilt-sized top that is made out of 4 - 15 1/2 inch improv slab blocks.  It was fun finding all kinds of pink, green, yellow, and purple fabrics to try the slabs with.  I think my favorite is the purple, which I didn't think I would have enough of since I hardly ever work with purple.  Who knows where it came from?  I think my stash is reproducing on its own!


With the white sashing and borders, this quilt has ended up to be about 40" x 40".   It was fun to just start sewing pieces together without a real plan, other than the size of the blocks.  My plans is to practice some FMQ on it, and I want to donate it somewhere, so I can participate in 100 Quilts for Kids by the end of September.


On another note, I was the lucky recipient of a prize from the August Linky for the And Sew ON BoM.  I got my choice of three patterns from Kristy's (of Quiet Play) Craftsy Shop.  Of course, I had to ask for the Just My Type letter blocks.  I can't wait to try them out, maybe for a wall-hanging or a gift for a friend.  Thanks, Kristy!

I'm linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

2 comments:

kim said...

Great job on the slabs! I've never seen them with sashing before. I like it. And it's the perfect project to practice FMQ on.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I love improv, and adding the sashing was a really cute idea!

I'm so glad you linked up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation