Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, November 3, 2013

And Sew On Wall-Hanging

When I joined this BoM back in January, I had no idea what would really be involved, but it has turned out to be a fantastic experience.  I am so excited about the way this project has come together that I can't stop looking at it!  It has so many fun details within each block. 


I think my favorite block is the one in the upper right-hand corner, the stash cupboard.  It was so fun picking little scraps to make those stacks of fabric.  Of course, the most challenging block was the final one, in the center, the Sewing Sanctuary.  I lost count of how many little parts were required to make the whole thing!  Fortunately, it came together pretty easily. 

I am almost done with the whole project, just need to sew on the binding, but I decided to link up today because I don't know if I will get that binding completed before the Nov. 7 linky deadline.  My goal, for sure, is to have it completed to show off at my November quilt group get together in a week and a half. 

Thanks, Kristy, for hosting a fun BoM, and sharing your wonderful patterns with us!

6 comments:

Sooli said...

Well done, it looks great. I was a bit worried about that last block too but in the end it was probably easier to put together than some of the others!

Crafty Tokyo Mama said...

This looks fabulous! I love how the backgrounds all match and unify the quilt. Great job!

Wendy said...

you did a great job, it looks wonderful! It was such a good BOM, wasn't it, can't wait for next years.

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

It looks so great! So glad you enjoyed the BoM!

legato1958 said...

It's a beautiful wall hanging!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

love this!! Every block has so much detail, and your fabric choices are great!'

Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation