Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Playing with Black and Yellow

I have always loved the color combination of black, gray, white and yellow, so when I found a little kit for a table runner at the Quilter's Oasis in Mesa, Arizona, this spring, I knew I wanted to make it. It was an easy and quick finish that only took a few hours.  


The kit included about 11 different 2 1/2 inch strips of various black, gray, white, and yellow prints. The herringbone placement was fun to figure out, and then I used the leftovers to make the binding. I just added in a little bit of a black and white polka dot leftover from a previous project for the rest of the binding and the backing.



I really love little projects!

1 comment:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I have not tried the herring bone piecing. Your table runner is very cute. I want to make a black and white quilt with an accent color either lime, yellow, or turquoise. Thanks for the inspiration!