Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Just for Fun!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Ever since I first saw Teje's Fabric Forest collection on her blog at Nero's Post and Patch, it has been something I wanted to try.  Her blocks have such a delightful, whimsical feel to them, and her post definitely made me feel like this was something I would enjoy doing also.

So, last Sunday, I fussy cut some scrappy trees and flowers and proceeded to stitch them up into a sweet little mini quilt for my sewing room.


I enjoyed the raw edge applique and found it very quick to put together.


I even added a little embroidery for inspiration.

                            

So fun to try something new, just because.  Linking up to Oh Scrap! for some Sunday fun!

9 comments:

LA Paylor said...

oh yes, very fun. And the process is fun in fact that's what I want to do today, while it's so cold outside. I want to free cut some shapes and hand embroider them. Just for fun. Just because I can. With no goal in mind but to use some ribbon and beads and thread. LeeAnna

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Cute! What a fun inspirational piece to look at while you sew. Thanks for sharing this with Oh Scrap! Happy Valentine's Day!

Ivani said...

It is a fun and cute mini. It add a special touch to your studio. Happy Valentine's Day!

Cathy said...

Oh, that turned out so cute. Good for you trying something new. It looks like lots of fun. It's like broderie perse but without the work of turning under edges.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A cute little finish! And it looks great up on your wall with all your other bits of quilty inspiration too!

Christine B said...

What a cute little mini quilt and a great way to use some scraps! Happy Valentine's Day! Christine x

Linda said...

It's adorable! And joyful! Love it. :)

cspoonquilt said...

Very cute! I like the primitive stitching! cheers!

Sandra Walker said...

I love Teje's whimsical creations. I love Nero, and Hanna and Nelli too! Diann this is adorable and will bring a smile to your face I bet every time you look at it. The "stitch" you stitched (lol) is the perfect touch. I'll have to try this sometime.